Monday, June 11, 2007

Xanagale: warred village, resettled

As I recorded in my fieldwork notes about Xanagale (also known as Cepür, Cupar and Xanegela),
[it] was evacuated and destroyed in 1993 or 1994, then later rebuilt and resettled. I understand that the village was 'destroyed, with machine, with fire, with all kinds of things', (something like, 'götürdü, makinesiyle, ateşli, her çeşitli şeyi').
I have a new personal page presenting photographs with mainly descriptive notes about them for the resettled warred village, Xanagale: cultural heritage and community.

I'm still toying with the colour suites I'm putting together to help distinguish between my personal and research pages, so (over and above the photographs themselves), it may be less than easy on the eye for a while.

(Also posted on samarkeolog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment