Saturday, December 31, 2005

Kosovo fieldwork notes: community archaeology blogging

As part of my community archaeology or public archaeology work, I am currently trying to:
  • prepare for fieldwork in southern and northern Cyprus and in south-eastern, Kurdistani or Anatolian Turkey;
  • continue my research; and
  • make my work accessible through blogging it.
At the same time as blogging archaeological and anthropological or ethnographic fieldwork notes extracts, I am trying to:
  • correct information and interpretations;
  • add detail to notes; and
  • develop ideas from notes.
As far as I know, I will:
  • undertake three months of Greek language training (and preliminary fieldwork) in southern Cyprus;
  • conduct four months of archaeological and ethnographic fieldwork in southern Cyprus;
  • undertake nine months of Turkish language training (and preliminary fieldwork) in Turkey;
  • conduct four months of archaeological and ethnographic fieldwork in northern Cyprus; and
  • conduct four months of archaeological and ethnographic fieldwork in south-eastern, Kurdistani or Anatolian Turkey; then,
  • spend one year and nine months concluding and writing up my community archaeology research in the UK.
Hopefully, when I begin work in Cyprus and Turkey, I will have posted all of my Kosovo fieldwork notes extracts and will begin blogging information, interpretations and ideas as I produce them; nevertheless, I expect and in some ways hope to continue extending and expanding previous posts as information, interpretations and ideas arise.

Hopefully, access to the internet and therefore the ability to blog my research will be maintained relatively constantly, but during periods of transition between locations and during periods of research in northern Cyprus and south-eastern Turkey, blogging may be irregular. I apologise in advance.

Technorati tags: ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; /; ; ; //; .

No comments:

Post a Comment