Thursday, November 17, 2005

Kosovo fieldwork: public access to information

Kosova/Kosovo fieldwork notes extracts

I was writing up (more of) my archaeological and architectural survey notes extracts, when I reached an area of particularly pointed claims.

I want to allow public access to information gathered during my fieldwork in Kosovo, but I want to ensure its accuracy first, for everyone's sake. Unlike the different individuals', communities' and organisations' rhetorics, this information contains factual claims that I have not yet heard the counter-claims against.

I believe it would be irresponsible to give public access to this information when I haven't heard both sides of the argument, so, I want to wait until I have UNESCO and/or the Council of Europe's comments upon Archangel Monastery's claims, before I publish the post.

If UNESCO and/or the Council of Europe do not respond, or choose not to comment when they do, then I will publish the post without their input, but with a notice about that fact. I do not want to do this, but I should get the information into the public domain; moreover, I should get the rest of the entries published, so that when I go on fieldwork in January, I can give the public access to the information as it is gathered (ideally, on the day).

Technorati tags: ; ; ; /; ; .

No comments:

Post a Comment